Pneumatic Flow Control Valves
Pneumatic flow control valves are used to reduce the rate of flow in a section of a pneumatic circuit, resulting in a slower actuator speed. Unlike a needle valve, a pneumatic flow control valve regulates air flow in only one direction, allowing free flow in the opposite direction.
Selecting the Right Air Flow Control Valve
Flow rate requirements are extremely important when selecting a pneumatic flow control valve for your application. The speed of the related actuator is dependent upon how quickly it can be filled with air at the input and released through the output.
Pneumadyne offers air flow control valves in a range of styles, configurations, and port sizes. If you’re not sure which model is right for your specific application, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our knowledgeable team will review the needs of your system and help you select the pneumatic flow control valve that best meets your requirements.
See individual product listings for additional information and specifications.
Air Flow Control ValvesInline flow control valves feature finely threaded stems that allow for gradual adjustment of the controlled flow passing through the valve. The pneumatic system’s air flow enters via the input port, travels through an orifice sized by the tapered stem, and out via the output port. Our pneumatic flow control valves include a bypass check which allows rapid free flow from the output through the input port. Finely threaded stems allow gradual adjustment of controlled flow to match system requirements.
We offer two types of air flow control valves. Their selection and placement within a pneumatic circuit will greatly affect the function of an actuator.
- A meter-in flow control valve (also known as a reverse flow control valve) restricts the flow to an actuator.
- A meter-out flow control valve regulates the exhaust flow from an actuator. These are the most commonly used air flow control valves.
Pneumatic Flow Control Valve Options
- Port/Style: 10-32 (F), 10-32 (M), 1/8 NPT (F), 1/8 NPT, 5/32” push-in, 1/4” push-in, 0.170 barb, plastic inline, plastic right angle
- Reverse flow control options available
- Valve materials: brass/black dichromate coating, brass/electroless nickel coating, stainless steel, black anodized aluminum, nylon, PA6 plastic
Features of Pneumadyne Air Control Valves
- Miniature size for applications where space is limited
- Durable construction for long working life
- Low cracking pressure
- Flow rates: 6.2 to 27 scfm at 125 psi (varies by model)
- Seal materials: Buna-N
- Working temperature range: -20° to 160°F (-28° to 71°C)
- Operating pressure: 0 to 125 psi
Pneumatic Flow Control Valves & MorePneumadyne manufactures a standard offering of miniature pneumatic valves. We can also assist you with design and engineering of custom pneumatic components or full pneumatic control systems.
Request a quote on air flow control valves or other components for your pneumatic system, or contact Pneumadyne to learn more.